Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Austen Mae is "1" today!!!

Austen...YOU are "1" today. I remember your birth like it was yesterday. I went to be on Sunday night thinking that you would never come. But, to my surprise I woke up at 2:30 in the morning not so sure that it was contractions. Probably because i was so tired and out of it. I laid back down and they kept coming and were harder. i kept feeling like I had to go to the bathroom. I laid back down and told your dad that if i was feeling this way for 10 more minutes that we were going to the hospital....sure enough not even 10 minutes later I said Shawn we have to go now. We called a sitter to come be here for your sisters and off we were. There was no one on the roads so we went as fast as we could. We checked in at the hospital and   I waited in a room for the nurse to come and check me. Sure enough I was a 6 1/2 cm dilated. While I was in that room I still had to keep going to the bathroom but, nothing was coming out. Aubrey showed up and I was still moving through contractions. Then Grandma and Grandpa and Kristen showed up. The mid wife was still not there. Finally they took me to the room where I would be delivering. Contractions were getting stronger and stronger Kristen and Grandma were helping me through them and Daddy was holding my contractions. I was  laboring standing up and a few times the midwife and nurses were telling me to lady down in the bed. but, there was no way. I felt so good and in control standing up. all of the sudden I said, " I peed my pants." But, sure enough it was my water breaking. I remember the feeling. It was like a balloon popping and water gushing out. The contractions became more and more intense. Suddenly I felt the urge to push. I squatted and pushed then about three or so more times and you were out. You did not cry right away and your dad was a nervous wreck. I didn't really know what was going on. The respiratory therapist was in the room waiting for you to come because you had swallowed some miconum. Luckily they just had to suction you a few times and you were fine. Then they put you in my arms. I didn't really know what to do since Amme was a C-section and Asher had to be on the C-pap due to swallowing to much miconum.  It was the most amazing feeling I have ever had. Holding you so soon after you were born. Grandma called you the professional baby. You wanted to nurse right away. You knew how to suck and you knew exactly how you were coming here. That has been a very true statement about you. Austen you are an incredibly amazing little spirit. When people would hold you they would say she has an old soul. You do! You have so much wisdom and strength and maturity. I feel honored to be your mother. I have felt unconditional love and acceptance from you. I know that you know why you are here and what your purpose is in this life. I hope that I can be a good mother to you and let you know how special and wonderful you are. We love you little Mae Mae. Happy Birthday to my old soul who is just turning 1 today! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment